Writing is my first love. Trained as a journalist, I am an experienced reporter, freelancer, copywriter, and blogger. Contact me about freelance work and browse some of my professional and personal writing below.
This is a roundup of my writing from across my various blogs and freelance opportunities.
This is my personal blog with random musings on technology, entertainment, current events, society, new experiences and anything else I feel the urge to write about. I also documented my experience conquering Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in 2015, which now ranks #1 in Google search results for Hodgkin’s-related blogs.
Dad Has A Blog
This is my personal blog that I began writing in 2016 to chronicle my experiences as a new father. I also ran a #40Days40Dads series to highlight fatherly advice from 40 different fathers.
Write Things Worth Reading
This was a personal blog that I updated infrequently from 2007 to 2011.
U.S. Catholic | Columnist
- It’s worth investing in (sibling) bonds
- As kids memories develop, a parent’s responsibilities change
- Examine your ‘wonderful life’ with a classic Christmas film
- 5 ways parents can support vocations in their families
- Examine your conscience to become a better parent
- 3 parenting tips from St. Joseph
- ‘Be a good example’ is infuriatingly good advice
- A daughter’s doodles reveal beauty in mistakes
- After a year of waiting, don’t rush through Advent
- In a Child’s Prayer, the Beauty of a Steadfast Faith
- Lessons in Love from a Growing Family
Medill Alumni Magazine – Features Freelance Writer
Grotto Network | Features Freelance Writer
- Facing Death and Finding Life
- 10 Ways We Don’t Fight Fair in Relationships
- 6 Dos and Donts of Online Dating Etiquette
- 5 Things to do When You’re on the Job Hunt
- 5 Tips to Help You Not Hate Running
Aleteia | Men’s Lifestyle Writer
- Groundhog Day, Sin, and the Search for Happiness
- What God and ‘The Maltese Falcon’ are teaching me about death—and life
- 5 Pandemic-Era Habits Every Man Should Keep
- St. Paul’s Guide to Using Social Media
- Why Every Man Needs A Small Group
Stupid Cancer | Guest Blog Post
Patheos | Guest Blog Post
Motherly | Guest Blog Post
Fatherly | Guest Blog Posts
Natural Parent Magazine | Guest Blog Post